Thursday, August 20, 2009

I have begun reading The Connected Child: Bring hope and healing to your adoptive family in preparation for our adoption education classes with LSS. It is slow reading for me since I have a house to clean, three other children to watch and a room to finish painting but I think I will get a lot out of it. As another blogger said, "It seems to be a combination of "Attachment 101" and basic good parenting skills." One critique I have, is that it tends to repeat itself quite a bit (and I am only just starting chapter 3). However, I'm not sure if that will be bad thing in the end...sometimes I need to hear things twenty times before it sinks in.
Our classes are on September 16, 23 & 24. We have yet to find a babysitter for any of those days. It has been frustrating that there are not alternate times available since Wednesdays are so hard with confirmation and church plus it is an all day class and all our sitters will be at work or back in school.

No comments:

Led by Him