Monday, June 8, 2009

I wish there was more time during the day!

Things have been quite hectic here lately. I just returned a week ago from San Antonio, TX, where my youngest brother, Steven, graduated from Air Force basic at Lackland AFB. He graduated with honors, which means he was in the top 10% of a 632 graduates. He is now in Wichita Falls, TX completing his technical training.
Since there I have been trying to catch up on things around the house such as laundry and general cleaning and children. However, it has been so nice here in De Pere, WI (until today) that I have been working outside with Matthew on our gardens.
Our vegetable garden is in with the exception of leeks, lettuce and basil seeds, along with, the lavender I purchased yesterday. If it ever stops raining, I will be planting those. Tomatoes, sage, asparagus, rhubarb and cilantro are in, along with the chives that were already here (I just need to transplant those). Our flower gardens are coming along nicely. We have
removed many bushes from around the house that were overgrown or placed in the wrong spot (shade when they are sun-loving plants). Sunday we are heading out to get more of our flowers from Edgar, WI and then coming back and putting those...well, we have not decided where they will go yet but we will find room.
The adoption is coming along. We are STILL waiting to hear if all the background check went through. Until then I have just about completed my portion of our adoption paperwork and we have our physicals coming up on June 21st. In addition, I did participate in an Ethiopian adoption webinar put on by CHSFS and I continue to read the books I have purchase on the recommendation of other adoptive parents.

No comments:

Led by Him