Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ethiopian Museums

So, I kind of have a new job.  I am now an intern at the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum and it is amazing...but this also means that I have less time for the adoption.  While it has been difficult not to focus on the adoption and all that goes with it, I know I have to get this internship out of the way before we bring our baby home.  So, I am an arts manager for the next 12-13 weeks.  In light of my current job I wanted to bring to your attention the following -- nothing very exciting but it is something to do with two things I love -- art and Ethiopia.  The online arts journal I read features a collection of news stories and blogs on art and culture.  The following link is a short blog about the loss of funds for Ethiopian museums due to budget cuts by other museums around the world...in this case Chicago's Field Museum.  www.artsjournal.com/culturegrrl/2009/01/skeletal_budget_cut_no_lucy_fo.html

No comments:

Led by Him